CRM 4.0 deployment error on reporting RRS feed

• Question

• i'm building a sandbox proof of concept for CRM and followed the guidelines in the planning guide and implementation guide to mimic my operation environment, so far i have:

Win2003 R2 standard 32bit SP2 as domain controller with native domain created.

Exchange 2003 standard SP2 on the same machine

IIS running as needed(and needed for exchange).

I installed SQL 2008R2 Enterprise following the IG data with reporting services, agent, management tools, created a user account for the services and put everything on automatic.

After that i did windows update to the day.

Started the CRM 4.0 workgroup install with the "update installation files" options, checked the default options, selected to create a new website on port 5555 and then left the report server url as default, i checked it as instructed and noted it opens perfectly and reports:

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Versi?n 10.50.1600.1

Whilst the installation is running it returns an error on the sql reporting that it cannot publish the reports even thought i see the folder created in the url.

the excerpt from the log is:

21:02:12|  Error| Failed to set Reporting Services Web site metabase property UploadReadAheadSize.
    21:03:41|  Error| System.Exception: Error al publicar los informes de CRM. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070003): The system cannot find the path specified.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail)
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
       at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_SchemaClassName()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.IIsUtility.VDirAcceptsClientCertificates(String metabasePath)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSConfigAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---, Error, AbortRetryIgnore, Option1
    21:03:42|   Info| InputResult: Retry
    21:03:42|  Error| Failed to set Reporting Services Web site metabase property UploadReadAheadSize.

i'm lost on what to do now

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:13 PM

Answers

• Are you doing either of these? :-

1. Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services on two separate servers.

2. Configured the SQL Server Reporting Services server to use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.

Implementation Engineer for 7global Managed Services www.7global.com
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, June 18, 2010 2:56 PM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 8:55 AM

All replies

• Are you using the same credentials in:-

Current Report Server Database Credential (In the database section of the Reporting Services Configuration Manager)

Report Server Service Account (In the Service Account section of the Reporting Services Configuration Manager)

Execution Account (In the Execution Account section of the Reporting Services Configuration Manager, this is mainly used for scheduled reporting)

Friday, June 11, 2010 8:49 AM
  • Are you doing either of these? :-

1. Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services on two separate servers.

2. Configured the SQL Server Reporting Services server to use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, June 18, 2010 2:56 PM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 8:55 AM