none
whs crashes at end of backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

odd issue (perhaps?) WHS locks and crashes when I backup a client over a strong wireless connection (WPA secure). All other functionality works for the (HTPC) wireless PC except this. The other connected client (wired G'bit) is fine, except it loses connectivity to the server as well. The only solution is a reboot of the server. The other odd thing is that the backup is listed as completed.

The crash occurs at 91, 94 or 99% and the machine isn't doing anything else at the time. I have disabled lights out, power managment on Modem, WHS and client machines. HELP!!

I will try it wired, but that isn't a long term solution

Any ideas?

Pat
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Pat,
    you could try to delete the backup database and start over from the scratch.
    Might also be worth to look into the event logs of the server to get more details about the crashes or potential reasons.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:52 PM
  • Hi,

odd issue (perhaps?) WHS locks and crashes when I backup a client over a strong wireless connection (WPA secure). All other functionality works for the (HTPC) wireless PC except this. The other connected client (wired G'bit) is fine, except it loses connectivity to the server as well. The only solution is a reboot of the server. The other odd thing is that the backup is listed as completed.

The crash occurs at 91, 94 or 99% and the machine isn't doing anything else at the time. I have disabled lights out, power managment on Modem, WHS and client machines. HELP!!

I will try it wired, but that isn't a long term solution

Any ideas?

Pat

Considering you are having sporadic outages from both clients, I would guess you might have an issue with the NIC in your server.  You might try looking for an updated driver for your NIC.
    Monday, August 17, 2009 12:53 AM