WHS 2011 will not install - NIC Driver Issue RRS feed

• Question

• WHS 2011 will not complete the installation.  It does not like my Motherboard NIC.  The NIC is an Intel 82579V.

Does anyone know what NIC does WHS prefer?

PCI Express?  64 bit or 32 bit?

jjblatz

jjblatz

Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:14 PM

All replies

• Go to the support website of your motherboard manufacturer and download the 64-bit Windows 7 driver. That one should work.

Luc.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:26 PM
  • I had the same issue turned out my NIC was located ojn the suth bridge of the board so i had to install the southbridge drivers first before the NIC could be recognised. If this is the case get your drivers form the board manufacturer and place on a USB pen when you start up whs2011 and you the section that tells you installation failed because it couldnt find the NIC do Ctrl-Alt and del. Start task manager and run explorer.exe then use explorer as normal to navigate to the USB pen nad install the southbridge drivers so the NIC can be recognised. Worked for me :)
    Friday, February 10, 2012 1:11 PM
  • I recall that my installation was interrupted because WHS2011 didn't like my NIC either, but I was able to get the driver installed and then continue on with the rest of the install, no problem.

Sorry but I don't recall exactly what the WHS2011 dialog looked like or how exactly I was able to get the driver installed (other than that I had a CD with the drivers on it that I had to insert) but it was straightforward enough to do, without starting-over.

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:17 PM
  • Saturday, February 11, 2012 11:27 PM