download RRS feed

• Question

• Where I can Download a windows 7 professional retail MSDN ISO File ? I need to reinstall my windows 7 professional. I have an activated product key.
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Friday, June 3, 2016 5:02 AM not dev related, use answers.microsoft.com instead
    Friday, June 3, 2016 3:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the msdn downloads are available at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/ but you need a msdn subscription for this of course.

If you didn't get any media to install your windows 7 then you should ask the seller for it. It might even be a good idea to check that you got a valid license. The "How to tell" pages could be a good start to check that.

One idea that came to my mind was downloading a testversion and then to try to register it, but the evaluation center only offers Windows 8.1 and 10. And they seem to focus on the Enterprise Edition.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, June 3, 2016 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, June 10, 2016 10:03 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 5:00 AM

All replies

• it was purchased from another website fyi
    Friday, June 3, 2016 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

the msdn downloads are available at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/ but you need a msdn subscription for this of course.

If you didn't get any media to install your windows 7 then you should ask the seller for it. It might even be a good idea to check that you got a valid license. The "How to tell" pages could be a good start to check that.

One idea that came to my mind was downloading a testversion and then to try to register it, but the evaluation center only offers Windows 8.1 and 10. And they seem to focus on the Enterprise Edition.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Friday, June 3, 2016 1:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, June 10, 2016 10:03 PM
    Friday, June 3, 2016 5:00 AM
  • microsoft rep verified it is valid my cd is scratched so i dont have a download link and microsoft tech support made that post remotely from my pc she said the product key is not retail its MSDN and ive been using it for 5 years or better now just need a new copy of it cause its scratched up so i can install it on my new Hard Drive
    Friday, June 3, 2016 6:03 AM
  • Hello,

If it was purchased from another website, I'd ask them.

For what it's worth, it's not legal to sell MSDN software separate from an MSDN subscription, so I'd be wary.

I'd ask further questions in the Windows 7 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, June 3, 2016 1:53 PM