Need Advice On WHS Hardware Configuration RRS feed

Answers

• Looks ok for me (although you will not get Windows Server 2003 drivers for some of the components, in this case try Windows XP versions).
    During installation you will still need a DVD drive to install WHS (not always USB drives will work), and mouse + keyboard.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Since Windows Home Server is a 32 Bit OS, the 32 Bit drivers are the only possible choice.
    Olaf
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:33 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response.  There are 3 types of XP drivers for the motherboard.  XP Home, XP Professional, and XP Media Center.  Which drivers do I use? 

It doesn't matter, they are all the same.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:10 PM

All replies

• Looks ok for me (although you will not get Windows Server 2003 drivers for some of the components, in this case try Windows XP versions).
    During installation you will still need a DVD drive to install WHS (not always USB drives will work), and mouse + keyboard.
    Olaf
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Do I need just the standard Windows XP drivers or the Windows XP 64 Bit Drivers?
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Since Windows Home Server is a 32 Bit OS, the 32 Bit drivers are the only possible choice.
    Olaf
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:33 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response.  There are 3 types of XP drivers for the motherboard.  XP Home, XP Professional, and XP Media Center.  Which drivers do I use? 
    Friday, June 5, 2009 1:40 PM

It doesn't matter, they are all the same.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 11:10 PM