none
Design same kind forms with Minimal effort

Question

• Sorry if it is wrong forum, please direct me to right one.

I have few Excel files that our Client is using from very long time for their internal approval process. Now they want to convert into web form of similar format and route through approval process.  Since they have good number forms, I thought designing web form for each and every excel would not be great design.  Could you please suggest me good way to design this kind of forms with minimal effort?

Harish kakani

Thursday, November 19, 2015 12:10 PM

Answers

• You might try them over here.

http://forums.asp.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:37 PM

All replies

• You might try them over here.

http://forums.asp.net/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 1:37 PM
  • I think this fits perfectly into Sharepoints current design with XML/custom forms if you wanted.

I don't see why you couldn't easily Import the excel file into sharepoint as a new custom list and then use the default or custom form to fill it out. It would give you the ability to use both Excel, SharePoint (web list or datasheet view), access and other XML products directly. If you did it correctly you could allow those who really want to use excel still to feel at home, while allowing others to use easier web forms.

The forms can be internal or external. You could use InfoPath to create or edit them however it's been retired so I would do everything you can to avoid. I've created amazingly complex InfoPath forms but it does take large amount of time and effect vs just using SharePoint web forms.

I like Access in some cases for this, they wouldn't be web forms however, I have seen access recently added a feature for this but I haven't tried. Regardless sharepoint would be a great hosting of the data.

www.dontpanic.biz

Vote for Freedom - Vote to Protect our Country

Friday, November 20, 2015 8:12 AM