Where to start? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a 15 year old school student of Sydney, Australia.  Currently in grade 10, so 2 more years till I can leave school.  My dream is to work for Microsoft, but in the mean time I want to get some computer courses underway.

I am really not sure where to start.  I have no experience with servers & little with networking.

I was thinking along the lines of a system administrator class at first but it seems like you need quiet a bit of experience in that.

Anyone else think of anything I could do?

Mackenzie

Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mackenzie,

I am really appreciate your interest. Not to worry i will suggest you what you have to do now. First start learning how to troubleshoot basic Technical problems. I would suggest first start learning about basics, Operating Systems. Boot issues , Installation of OS and troubleshooting. Microsoft Applications like MS OFFICE which you can easily learn during your school days. Hope now this will help you out. I am always here to serve however i suggest once well versed in the above you go for an MCP or MCTS certifications. For certification details visit.

Have a good year, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. If you feel your question was truly answered, Thank you in advance.
    • Proposed as answer by SachinShetty10 Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:01 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:48 AM
  • Check the following two links:

http://rubelkhan.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/announcing-microsoft-student-career-portal/

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3642

Hope this is helpful.
    Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:02 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 2:35 AM
  • For some reason it would not let me sign up with my normal e-mail address.  I am the original poster of this thread but.

I am pretty good at troubleshooting around the Windows OS, Epically Vista & 7 so I think the MCTS would be the kind of course I would go for.

Would you be able to tell me how I go about starting one of these courses?  Are they online or do I have to attend a place.

Also thank you for your quick reply earlier, I read it but was not able to reply at the time.

Mackenzie :)
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Hi

Personally mate, I would be looking at getting your degree as well. Trying to get a blue badge is difficult. Have a look at this , its the career portal for MS Australia. Take a look at MACH as a way to get in. If you perform well in uni, it gives you a good chance to get in there and get your dream job. Its give a decent road to follow too.

Developers are the rockstars within MS usually so depending on your skillset this may affect your decisions

Good luck with it anyways

Blog: http://www.certsandprogs.com

70-536 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-505 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-562 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    70-433 Objectives List with MSDN Links
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:02 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 9:12 PM
  • Hi Mackenzie,

Not to worry.Thanks for your reply to my post. I would request you to Have a look at this , its the career portal for MS Australia. As mentioned by Niall.

Naill,

Thank you for this info.
    Have a good year, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. If you feel your question was truly answered, Thank you in advance.
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:12 PM