Knowledge & percentage for MTA Microsoft Windows Security Essentials Exam 98-367 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm interested to perform the exam for MTA Security 98-367.
    Is anyone able to perform exam or testquestions(via CD...) before when using a book?

I recently buy the book of Microsoft Windows Security Essentials(from Darril Gibson)); Does anyone know if this book covers the whole exam? Or Do you need additional books or cd's for passing this exam? This book was delivered as normal, without CD.

Does anyone have experience whit performing these exams?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Greetings,

There are a couple of resources that you can use to prepare for this exam.  First, please take a look at the official Microsoft Learning page for this exam: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/Exam.aspx?ID=98-367&locale=en-us This page will list all of the skills that the exam measures.

Microsoft Learning plan for this exam.  The learning plan gives you links to a variety of resources that you can use to prepare. You can access the learning plan at: http://learning.microsoft.com/manager/LearningPlanV2.aspx?resourceId=e08f780d-e95d-400e-92bb-58c536fef055&clang=en-US&cats=d4e8e42c-3d5a-4a6e-915d-d99556a49bd7&locale=en-US

Good luck!

Please vote as helpful and propose as answer if this post helped you.

Thanks,

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCAD, MSF, etc.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, May 23, 2012 11:10 PM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:37 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for this info about these resources.

But can you inform(or someone else) me if you can fully depend on this book(Microsoft Windows Security Essentials(from Darril Gibson) I've bought, which is ment to pass this exam?

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for this info about these resources.

But can you inform(or someone else) me if you can fully depend on this book(Microsoft Windows Security Essentials(from Darril Gibson) I've bought, which is ment to pass this exam?

No you can't fully depend on ANY book. 

Certifications test a person's knowledge of a technology, they don't test whether you can read a book or cram.  If you don't understand the technology, reading a book won't help you pass an exam.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:27 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:27 AM