E-mail notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,we are using MS Project 2007 Server.  For certain reasons, we need to turn off task updates notifications.  In other words, after PMs approved timesheets, then they reject approved tasks, resources will get an e-mail to notify them the tasks have rejected.  Is there any way we can turn this notification off so that resouces won't can that notification email?
    Thanks in advance!
    Monday, March 12, 2012 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi mojohn,

in my knowledge, you can't turn off only one particular notification because is set only in personal settings for any user. And, in my knowledge, you can't disable via PSI or in other way.

So, if you won't turn off only this particoular notification, you can build a simple event handler on notification event.

Otherwise, if you can stop all notifications, you can disable alert and notifications setting in Server Settings.

I hope these few things can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

• Edited by Paolo Olocco Monday, March 12, 2012 7:35 PM update
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander.Burton Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by mojohn Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:18 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi mojohn,

in my knowledge, you can't turn off only one particular notification because is set only in personal settings for any user. And, in my knowledge, you can't disable via PSI or in other way.

So, if you won't turn off only this particoular notification, you can build a simple event handler on notification event.

Otherwise, if you can stop all notifications, you can disable alert and notifications setting in Server Settings.

I hope these few things can helps you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

• Edited by Paolo Olocco Monday, March 12, 2012 7:35 PM update
    • Proposed as answer by Alexander.Burton Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by mojohn Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:18 PM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Thanks Paolo! I need to give some thoughts about the pros and cons to disable all the Alerts and Reminders.

Monday, March 12, 2012 8:16 PM