none
Can files with passwords in a compressed (.zip/.rar) file be infected by virus? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a victim of virus that cannot be detected with Antivirus, I've compressed my .exe files to .zip and some to .iso, there is no passwords in those packages. But few months later, when I install the applications then the mouse of the Windows becomes very slow (5 FPS) during 30 seconds every 2 hours, that's annoying.
    I tried to reinstall Windows 3 times, and install the apps one by one and waited if the mouse virus appears to know in which file it is, but difficult. Maybe all the compressed files are infected.
    I talked about mouse (5 FPS), but it is not a system slow down because the movies run well, and I cannot find the virus thread in Task Manager, every CPU is below 05, even if I click "Show processes from all users", not solved.

The title is: Can files with passwords in a compressed (.zip/.rar) file be infected by virus?
    I tried to search on google that title including the word "passwords" but no result, because people ask the same title but without word "passwords".

Does compressed files with password save the password or just encrypt the files without saving the password?
    Can a virus open the compressed files (.zip/.rar) then know my password, or maybe the password is not saved but the file is encrypted? ... That question is always my problem, that's why I search on google for example: "How to know the Microsoft Word password?", then there is a result: "How to Recover Forgotten MS Word file Password?", ... Every password shouldn't be saved in the file but the files should be only encrypted without saving it. I'm not hacking but I want to know if someone can hack my personal files such as bank files.
    Is that same thing for compressed files (.zip/.rar) with password?

I really care about my .exe against virus, because imagine that I upload a compiled project to GitHub, then everyone will be victim, and also maybe my .exe will be refused by people's antivirus, so my project will not received.
    • Edited by Manda Rajo Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:01 AM
    Saturday, March 24, 2018 7:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• I would ask here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

You can click "Show filters" at the top of the forum and select you Windows version. Click on "Participate" and select "Ask a Question".

Edit: Every encryption algorithm I have studied does not save your password in the file.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, March 24, 2018 11:44 AM
  • Edit: Every encryption algorithm I have studied does not save your password in the file.

Thank you, I will compress my .exe files with password, so virus cannot attack my files.
    • Edited by Manda Rajo Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:00 AM
    Sunday, March 25, 2018 9:00 AM