Hello RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Am not a developer or a coder. So I wanted to ask can I ask a question for a problem am facing with my application. Its basically a compatibility issue I am trying to run a windows xp sp2 application on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit  and for which I am getting a error. So can I go about asking this problem here or if someone could point me to a place where I can seek some sort of help from other users.

Thanks Very much.

Monday, June 20, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers

• contact the developer or the coder of that application to get a version compatible with Windows Vista. Windows Vista is out for years, a patch should be released by now. Generally speaking a program that is Vista-compatible should also be able to run on Windows 7.

If you want to run the app in compatibility mode, visit answers.microsoft.com. But this introduces all kinds of hacks, which may create more unexpected problems.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Monday, June 20, 2011 8:31 PM