phishing filters RRS feed

• Question

•  

How come these filters are being turned off so many times and who is turning them off? I have been prompted too many times that its becoming frustrating and irritating. I turn them on and in a day or 2 they are being turned off again.
    Friday, July 11, 2008 7:26 AM

Answers

• I've moved your post to the Tune-up topic as the monitoring of settings is a function of this part of the program. Are you saying that you are being prompted by OneCare that you are at risk because the Phishing Filter in Internet Explorer is off, but that you have turned it on and this is happening repeatedly? Is it happening after you restart the PC or at random times? How long has this been going on? Are you perhaps using a 3rd party security product or IE add-in that provides similar protection and it is turning off the IE Phishing filter? If so, you would want to remove that program.

Other than that, the best I can suggest is to contact support. I've not heard of this problem before.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 12:21 PM