none
Logoff/Shutdown script not executing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 2 separate VBS scripts for appendig log on and log off times to the text file and set them to run on log on and log off via gpedit.msc on Windows 7 workstation. While Log on script runs just fine, log off script seems not executing on log off/shutdown.

Both scripts runs correctly when executed manually.

Could anyone tell me, why is my log off script not executing on log off?

Thank you.

• Edited by Togo_SK Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:30 AM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:12 PM Off-topic
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 6:27 AM

Answers

• If the script works when you run it manually, you don't have a scripting question but rather some kind of system management question (why doesn't it run when you log off or shutdown or whatever).

This isn't the right forum for your question.

(Preemptive response: I don't know where would be the right place to ask this question. I would recommend searching for a more appropriate place to ask.)

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:53 PM

All replies

• If the script works when you run it manually, you don't have a scripting question but rather some kind of system management question (why doesn't it run when you log off or shutdown or whatever).

This isn't the right forum for your question.

(Preemptive response: I don't know where would be the right place to ask this question. I would recommend searching for a more appropriate place to ask.)

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

• Marked as answer by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:53 PM
  • The most common cause of logoff script failure is that the script is trying to access a resource that is not available during the session shutdown. BE sure the script does not access resources that are not available.

As per Bill, there are dozens of things that can cause this kind of failure that have nothing to do with scripting.  You need to do standard troubleshooting to track this down.  Sufficient training in Windows at the workstation, network and domain level are required.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:06 PM
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 11:04 PM