none
How many MCSE certificates are there??? RRS feed

• Question

• In one website I saw these many MCSE certificates: Server Infrastructure, Communication (Lync Server), SharePoint, Messaging (Exchange Server), Business Intelligence, Data Platform, Desktop Infrastructure, Private Cloud. I'm very new to MCSE & I'm planning to do it But now I'm really confused about the certificates. So, if I take MCSE course then is it gonna include all of these above 8 modules(I have no idea) or I need to choose just one. This is really confusing. And also about the exams....How many exams are there??? If these 8 modules are different then how long does it take to finish each module... Plzzz clarify me...

So far I've not got the good or clear answer from Microsoft...They just type two or three short sentence & it won't make me clear.....I write a lot in the description to get the clear answer so that I don't have to ask that question again. And I've asked questions about MCSE many times now. So, plzzz give me the answer in detail...thnx

Monday, November 3, 2014 12:52 AM

Answers

• There are many different MCSE certifications, and it is further complicated by the fact that there are "old" MCSE (which meant Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) and "modern" MCSE (which means Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert). Centering ourselves in the "modern" variant, there are many specialties in which you can become an "Expert" (the final "E" in MCSE), and each of these specialties requires differen exams and different courses. So, before you take a "MCSE" course you need to enquire "which MCSE". Typically when they don't specify which one they mean "Server Infrastructure", but you should ask anyway to be sure.

As to which exams are needed for each MCSE, just follow the links from the Microsoft Learning page:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcse-certification.aspx

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:32 AM