none
URI Scheme for Microsoft Equalizer app on Windows Phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• This is a question for an old platform and I know it's not UWP but there is no other place for Windows Phone 8.1 development (yes, I am making an app for a fleet of very usable hardware that has no reason to be thrown out yet),

This app needs to launch the Microsoft Equalizer (audio) app that could be installed on some Nokia Lumia devices and enabled audio equalizer in the phone's Settings section.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/equaliser/9nblggh319dl?rtc=1

I know I need the app's URI scheme to launch it through code, but I can't find the scheme for this particular app anywhere (some links refer to the old Nokia Developer website that has long been dismantled). Also I know for a fact that it is possible to launch this app because there are other apps on the Store that can do that.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/audio-equalizer/9wzdncrd3c3n

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me the URI scheme - or any other way - to launch the equalizer app on a Lumia Windows Phone 8.1 device.

• Moved by Breeze Liu Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:42 AM off topic
    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi  AgentTheGreat,

Your issue is not a development issue, you just want to get the Microsoft Equalizer URI, We don’t support it here, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Well, since you basically killed my last ditch effort to get the URI scheme I wanted...can you point me in the right direction as to who should I contact to get this information? I can't find it anywhere on the web and when it comes to support from Microsoft, it feels like a ghost town with an impenetrable wall through which no one can gain access!

Where should I look for the URI Scheme of the Microsoft Equalizer app on Windows Phone 8.1?

Any help would be TRULY appreciated.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:52 PM