MS CRM 2011 ONLINE - Bypass system required field RRS feed

• Question

• In the order form, there is a customer field which is system required. Now I need to save the form before I know the correct customer.

How can I do that? I can get the requirement off when the form loads by javascript, but when I save the form, the requirement is needed.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:43 AM

All replies

• The customer field is a special case and is required to save an order due to other processes that fire off when an order is created.

If you really cannot resolve the customer before the order is saved then you will have to set the customer to some dummy account/contact to allow the order to be saved and then update the customer later on. Its not pretty but it will allow the initial save to happen.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 9:56 AM
  • The customer field is a special case and is required to save an order due to other processes that fire off when an order is created.

If you really cannot resolve the customer before the order is saved then you will have to set the customer to some dummy account/contact to allow the order to be saved and then update the customer later on. Its not pretty but it will allow the initial save to happen.

Yep, we really cannot resolve the customer because we don't know the customer at the point when we first need to save the form.

Maybe the dummy customer will work. We can name it to like "remember to add customer" :).

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:03 AM