Sales Pipeline - Stage versus Phase issue RRS feed

• Question

• My aopologies... I read the older threads on this for earlier versions of CRM and could not figure out how to resolve my issue. Unfortunately I JUST started using opportunities and sale pipeline shortly before I was migrated to CRM 2013. I am not a techie, either, just a one-man-band sales guy who customizes my own CRM.

Anyway, I created four pipeline phases by copying this gentleman's procedure exactly, and it worked beautifully. I created four phases labeled this way:

1-Interest

2-Developing

3-180 days

4-90 days

These stages makes sense in my business and I had been tracking my pipeline in Excel this way for a while. Now that I am on CRM 2013 I have found stages creeping into my pipeline and I do not know why. And they are causing more segments in my pipeline, specifically

1-Qualify

2-Develop

3-Propose

4-Close

When I look in the customization area it does not look like those terms are editable. I would either like to delete or disable stages and continue to use my user-created phases, or I would like to get rid of the phases I set up and change the names of the four stages to Interest, Developing, 180 days, and 90 days.

Any help? Thanks very much, in advance.

John

Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:27 PM

Answers

• Kevin Brown of Ledgeview Partners just educated me about global fields - I can change this, I just have to do it under "Option Sets", not under the fields for Entity "Opportunities".

Problem solved. Thanks, Kevin! :)

• Marked as answer by john_oberweis Monday, November 11, 2013 4:22 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• I bet this article bears on my problem, but I'm not sure what to do about it yet. Still digesting it.

http://blog.allegient.com/blog/trent-bells-blog/microsoft-dynamics-crm-ur12-sales-stage-and-pipeline-phase-behavior

And here is a picture of my problem. Before the conversion I only had phases in my pipeline. Now look what is happening.

Thanks

Thursday, November 7, 2013 8:06 PM
  • Update: I blew out all my opportunities and am re-entering them in an effort to learn the new interface. I had customized sales pipeline phases in the old system, which I also blew out because the funnel no longer worked right. I am trying to edit this field under Entity: Opportunity

Name: salesstage
    Display Name: Sales Stage

It says it is editable, but it really is not, when I check managed properties I get this. I hope you can blow up the screenshot. What is that about exporting and importing again? The options in that field are what go on the sales funnel and I want to change them. This is where my solution lies, but I am stuck here.

Thanks!

John

Friday, November 8, 2013 4:05 PM
  • Kevin Brown of Ledgeview Partners just educated me about global fields - I can change this, I just have to do it under "Option Sets", not under the fields for Entity "Opportunities".

Problem solved. Thanks, Kevin! :)

• Marked as answer by john_oberweis Monday, November 11, 2013 4:22 PM
    Monday, November 11, 2013 4:22 PM