Czech language translation RRS feed

• Question

• Bing/Microsoft Translator have Czech available as a language.  However, I cannot get Czech to appear in the Office 2010 translation languages.  How can I do this?

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Wibble99, We have certain restrictions on the number of translation languages for Office, and based on a client locale, we are suppressing certain languages (by design).  Would you mind letting us know your locale, so that we can provide you more detailed instructions how to get your language.  Thanks.  Takako 

Monday, July 11, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Under Region and Language:
    Format - English UNited Kingdom
    Location - Czech Republic
    Keyboard and Languages - English US  (English UK and Czech also installed)
    Language for non-Unicode programs - Czech

The current list of translation languages is:
    Arabic, Chinese (PRC), Chinese (PRC), Danish, Dutch, English (US), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian,
    Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turksih.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:43 AM
  • Hi wibble99, It looks like that you need to change the UI language of Office to see Czech.  It's a bit cumbersome, but bear with me and follow the instructions below.  I am assuming that you use Office2010.

1)   Launch Word and go to [Options] under the File tab; then go to [Language].

2)   There is a drop-down menu saying “[Add additional editing language]".  Select Czech and click Add.

3)   Under Choose Display and Help Languages, set Czech as Default.

4)   The above steps should change the UI language of your Word into Czech; to verify the UI change, close Word and re-launch Word.

5)   Now, you need to update the translation service.  To do so, open the Research pane (just highlight some word(s); right-click; and select Translate).

6)   In the Research pane, you’ll see Get Updates to your services…Click the link and update Microsoft Translator.

7)     Once the service gets updated, you should see the new set of translation languages based on the UI language of Czech.  For that, you’ll see more Eastern European languages (compared with the languages that you have now).

The following sites should be helpful for you to go through the above steps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/change-the-default-language-for-office-programs-HA010356057.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA010356061

http://blogs.technet.com/b/office_language_interface_pack/archive/2010/08/17/installing-and-configuring-the-office-2010-language-interface-pack-lip.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/translation/archive/2008/08/06/office-document-translation.aspx

Hope that this is helpful.

Thanks.  Takako

• Marked as answer by wibble99 Friday, July 15, 2011 8:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:27 PM
  • Works perfectly.  Many thanks.
    Friday, July 15, 2011 8:05 AM