locked
crm11.dynamics.com RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We have recently spun up a trial of Dynamics 365 in the UK region and these are now being deployed to xxx.crm11.dynamics.com (rather than xxx.crm4.dynamics.com which is the EMEA region).   However, we have found that connecting to the API on these environments is a little bit hit and miss.  Below is a simple piece of code that connects to the environment and simply retrieves a list of users.

    When running this code with a connection string against an environment in the crm4.dynamics.com realm it works 100%.  Switching the connection string to use environments in the crm11.dynamics.com realm means the (otherwise) same code is only successful about 50% of the time.   No exceptions are thrown, the organisation service is simply returned as null.  We've tried switching the connection string between using the organisation's unique-name and the url-name but the results are the same.  Also tried on two different client machines.

    Has anyone seen this before?  Any ideas what's going on here?  It's got us baffled.

    Referenced assemblies are (from D365 SDK):

    Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Proxy    v8.2.0.749
    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.dll    v8.2.0.713
    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Deployment.dll    v8.2.0.749
    Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector.dll    v2.2.2.807
    Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.dll    v2.22.30211.1727 Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.WindowsForms.dll    v2.22.30211.1727

    Code:

    using Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk;
    using Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.Connector;
    using System;
    
    namespace ConsoleApplication2
    {
        class Program
        {
            static void Main(string[] args)
            {
                string connectionString = @"AuthType=Office365;Username=<username>; Password=<password>;Url=https://org-unique-name.crm11.dynamics.com";
                CrmServiceClient crmServiceClient = new CrmServiceClient(connectionString);
                IOrganizationService organisationService = crmServiceClient.OrganizationServiceProxy;
    
                if(organisationService != null)
                {
                    string fetchXml = @"<fetch>
                                          <entity name='systemuser'>
                                            <attribute name='systemuserid' alias='systemuserid' />
                                            <attribute name='fullname' alias='fullname' />
                                          </entity>
                                        </fetch>";
    
                    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.FetchExpression query = new Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.FetchExpression(fetchXml);
                    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Messages.RetrieveMultipleRequest retrieveMultipleRequest = new Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Messages.RetrieveMultipleRequest();
                    retrieveMultipleRequest.Query = query;
    
                    Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Messages.RetrieveMultipleResponse retrieveMultipleResponse = (Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Messages.RetrieveMultipleResponse)organisationService.Execute(retrieveMultipleRequest);
                    foreach(Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Entity xrmEntity in retrieveMultipleResponse.EntityCollection.Entities)
                        Console.WriteLine(xrmEntity.Id.ToString());
                }
                else
                    Console.WriteLine("Organisation service is null - it shouldn't be");
    
    
                Console.WriteLine();
                Console.WriteLine("Done. Press any key to quit");
                Console.ReadKey();
            }
        }

    Thanks,

    Jon

    Friday, May 26, 2017 11:53 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Have never seen similar issues but I believe only Microsoft can answer that question so I would suggest to get in touch with Microsoft Support and open a ticket.


    Dynamics CRM/Business Solutions MVP
    Read My blog

    Friday, May 26, 2017 12:26 PM
    Moderator