Ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• The world is wrong... Microsoft is correct.

Seriously, who made the bad decision at Microsoft to add the ribbon? Who is the peanut brain that believes that little icons is more cognitive-ergonomic? Is Microsoft planning to get rid of such thing? All software in every single platform comes with Menues but... oh, no... Microsoft decided they are so good (as good as their crapy operating systems full of patches) and go all against the world.

Maybe Microsoft is justifying their business by replacing common sense with designer fashion.

JN
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• The world is wrong... Microsoft is correct.

Seriously, who made the bad decision at Microsoft to add the ribbon? Who is the peanut brain that believes that little icons is more cognitive-ergonomic? Is Microsoft planning to get rid of such thing? All software in every single platform comes with Menues but... oh, no... Microsoft decided they are so good (as good as their crapy operating systems full of patches) and go all against the world.

Maybe Microsoft is justifying their business by replacing common sense with designer fashion.

JN

hi ,

you could always ask them , or go to work for them and change microsoft , they love new ideas , ....

have a nice day
    Scan with OneCare + 50 Windows 7even Tips + Plagued by the Privacy Center? Learn how to remove it + Threat Research & Response Blog + Sysinternals Live tools + PIVOT from Live Labs + See what Photosynth does best! + Microsoft Security + need help ? go to Microsoft Support + Microsoft Live Labs
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 7:49 PM
  • I agree that they love new ideas, they only steal the very best. But that Ribbon thing is a turd no matter how hard you polish it. The commands it shows seem randomly attached to their tabs. Feature that to me would seem important, like printing and saving would be Prominent on the "Home Tab", Drawing Tables. I don't. Not in Word. If I need a table in Word, I open Excel create my table, then copy and paste into Word. Adding a Column in a Word table has never been easy, and it Glitz and Glitter are the on "enhancements" MS is ever going to add to Office moving forward, it will never be addressed.

Oh, and my choice of the word Prominent, I used 2010 for weeks before I noticed the MICRO ICON to the far left to save my document.

I hope you have a nice day as well, I hope more so that MS some day stops making video games masked as production applications and returns to writing software that enhance productivity.

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:01 PM
  • The team tested it, and the majority of Office users like it better. It was quite a big change though.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:35 AM