7 months later my windows7 is not genuine? RRS feed

• Question

• validation support said it is for MSDN. Look it's retail I have a key it was new in the box and was not labeled MSDN anywhere why must I pay for microsoft distribution errors!! They now want me to return the DVD. my computer is not a play thing for microsoft I have other software that I will loose adobe , Autodesk, office, many 1,000's. 
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:52 PM

Answers

• Post the MGADiag report as george1009 instructs. 

And believe me the counterfeit packages are as real looking as they can get.  But if you do have an MSDN subscriber key instead of a standard retail key someone here will tell you.  Then you need to ask yourself how that got printed on a card inside a sealed genuine retail box.  The answer of course is that it can't.  There is no such thing as a boxed copy of an MSDN subscription key.  The box isn't genuine.  I know.  I bought one of these myself.  Luckily I caught on in time and got a refund.  I will never buy a copy of a current Windows or Office from eBay again.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:52 PM
    Answerer
  • validation support said it is for MSDN. Look it's retail I have a key it was new in the box and was not labeled MSDN anywhere why must I pay for microsoft distribution errors!! They now want me to return the DVD. my computer is not a play thing for microsoft I have other software that I will loose adobe , Autodesk, office, many 1,000's. 

Take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqNNiOM0cs

It is not a Microsoft error.  It is a counterfeiter's production from someplace like China or Mexico.  Microsoft has nothing to do with it.  The counterfeiters are using credit card fraud to buy MSDN subscriptions.  MSDN product keys allow for ten simultaneous activations per key so the crooks harvest lots of product keys and print them on the yellow stickers on the cards included in counterfeit copies of the retail boxes.  The whole package is fake.  The crooks are selling on eBay, Amazon Marketplace, and lots of websites.  Almost all deeply discounted copies of Windows 7, Office, Adobe Creative Suite 5, and almost any other similar software are being faked right now.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:09 PM
    Answerer
  • mang people make Judgements sight unseen. Blame is easy to pass onto the consumer this is another pass  on distribution irresponsibility it is less personal that way. I can assure you the DVD is hologramed the packaging is professional. Flaw does not rest with the consumer looks are not easy to deceive and this looks real. I refer you back to my right to purchase that key and once purchased can it be taken away!
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:44 PM
  • Post the MGADiag report as george1009 instructs. 

And believe me the counterfeit packages are as real looking as they can get.  But if you do have an MSDN subscriber key instead of a standard retail key someone here will tell you.  Then you need to ask yourself how that got printed on a card inside a sealed genuine retail box.  The answer of course is that it can't.  There is no such thing as a boxed copy of an MSDN subscription key.  The box isn't genuine.  I know.  I bought one of these myself.  Luckily I caught on in time and got a refund.  I will never buy a copy of a current Windows or Office from eBay again.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 10:09 PM
    Answerer
  • Unfortunately, non-genuine, pirated, stolen, counterfeit software licenses are abundantly sold on auction web sites by individual sellers at below market value prices.  To be assured of getting only genuine Microsoft software, purchase it from a trustworthy and proven source such as the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 4:48 PM