need help asap RRS feed

• Question

• I had money99 forever, my computer harddrive crashed. I just got new installed but cannot reinstall money99, says it wont work w windows 10, funny it worked before hard drive failure??? I tried installing another version of money but nothing will let me intall my back up info. I need help asap BUT I AM VERY COMPUTER DUMP, I NEED VERY VERY SPECIFIC DIRECTIONS THANKS

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:36 PM

All replies

• If Money 99 will not reinstall from the original disk, get the newer version appropriate for your country. See what is currently the second post on this forum.

If your file is from North America, follow up with the patch discussed in what is currently the first post on this forum.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:04 PM
  • I am a computer dunny, I don't know what the patch is where to find or what next move is

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:28 PM
  • I did install a new version but that will not let me open my back up files on my external hard drive

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 5:29 PM
    1. What new version did you install?
    2. What country is your original Money 99 from?
    3. What error message do you get?

Close Money. Copy your latest *.mny file from your external hard drive to your Documents folder. Right click the copied file and choose open. If that works, good. If not, what error message did you get?

If still no success, copy your newest *.mbf file from your external hard drive to your Documents folder. Right click the copied file and choose open.  Do not accept the remembered location and filename, but instead Browse to your documents folder. Choose a new name for your restored Money file. If that works, good. If not, what error message did you get?

If still no success, copy your second-newest newest *.mbf file from your external hard drive to your Documents folder. Proceed as you did for your newest backup.  If that does not work, try your third-newest backup...

When you get into your Money file, you must adjust the backup setup.

In Tools->Settings->BackupOptions, for your upon-exit backup file,
    Browse to your Documents folder, and choose a filename for your
    backup; the file location remembered from your old file probably
    does not exist on the new computer.  I suggest you plug in a USB
    flash drive, and Browse to that for the location for your scheduled
    backup.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 6:17 PM
  • My recollection is that all regional versions of Money 99 were the last to include 16 bit code as well as 32 bit code. If you are now running  64 bit Windows 10,   I think it is quite likely you will not be able to successfully reinstall Money 99.

I can confirm that Money 2000 International English (written in pure 32 bit code) runs perfectly well on 64 bit Windows 10 Professional.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:00 PM