Changing Windows Live ID attached to my subscription... RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need to change the windows live id attached to my OneCare subscription and OneCare Circle...  How can I do this?
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:23 AM

Answers

• The only way to change this is to uninstall/reinstall the program using the new Live ID to set up each PC again. This is best done at program renewal time, since you can simply create and activate using the new Live ID.

Though it could theoretically be done by cancelling the old account and setting up the new one, I don't believe that OneCare Billing has any way to make this happen, since they can only cancel an existing account or refund. By the time you've done all of this you could simply go find a special deal at a retailer for maybe half price and just forget about the old account.

OneCareBear

Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:24 AM

All replies

• I don't know if this can be done but if it can you will have to contact support. How to reach suport - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:20 AM
  • The only way to change this is to uninstall/reinstall the program using the new Live ID to set up each PC again. This is best done at program renewal time, since you can simply create and activate using the new Live ID.

Though it could theoretically be done by cancelling the old account and setting up the new one, I don't believe that OneCare Billing has any way to make this happen, since they can only cancel an existing account or refund. By the time you've done all of this you could simply go find a special deal at a retailer for maybe half price and just forget about the old account.

OneCareBear

Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:24 AM