WLOC 2.0 Help & Support RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed if you click on a get help on a error I'm taken to the Beta Help site but then I get Help could not find any info on that topic.

Example: Try removing a computer from wloc circle it can't do it so I hit the support/help link and then the above accures.

Is there no Help topics loaded yet

Just wondering

I can't seem to find topics related to my issues some are basic issues too.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 9:22 PM

Answers

• Help for 2.0 is indeed sparse, but it will be added to as time goes on. The important thing is the "get more help" link which brings you to the support email form. :-)

I'm sure that the people building Help would also appreciate feedback although they haven't provided a feedback link in the Help environment.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:08 AM
  • Hi all, so we have some new topics coming out early next month for printer sharing and the OneCare circle functionality. Additionally, we've made updates to topics for activation and the firewall functionality. Please let me know what other types of help topics you would like to see. We are considering adding some more advanced topics related to managing the product in domain environments and troubleshooting for LAN issues.

We also have added a help bot to the new help bot to our help http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2, so you can ask questions using natural language and get a related help topic. We would like your feedback on this as well, especially if you type a question and don't find anything and think you should.

Finally, once you a view a topic you can click on the "Get more help" link at the bottom of the Help window and go into our "Contact Support" pages. Our support centers haven't been getting many issues submitted so please let me know if you have trouble submitting an incident. I'm concerned that the link may be difficult to find or isn't clearly worded.

All the best,

Marsiela

Windows Live OneCare

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:42 PM

All replies

• Help for 2.0 is indeed sparse, but it will be added to as time goes on. The important thing is the "get more help" link which brings you to the support email form. :-)

I'm sure that the people building Help would also appreciate feedback although they haven't provided a feedback link in the Help environment.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:08 AM
  • Ah but there is feedback in the help site little blue    &  and a comment box opens
    Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:56 AM
  • Oh, good! I was actually looking for a link from the main help page for OneCare. Good... give them feedback! Lots of it - they like feedback. :-)

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:46 AM
  • Hi all, so we have some new topics coming out early next month for printer sharing and the OneCare circle functionality. Additionally, we've made updates to topics for activation and the firewall functionality. Please let me know what other types of help topics you would like to see. We are considering adding some more advanced topics related to managing the product in domain environments and troubleshooting for LAN issues.

We also have added a help bot to the new help bot to our help http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2, so you can ask questions using natural language and get a related help topic. We would like your feedback on this as well, especially if you type a question and don't find anything and think you should.

Finally, once you a view a topic you can click on the "Get more help" link at the bottom of the Help window and go into our "Contact Support" pages. Our support centers haven't been getting many issues submitted so please let me know if you have trouble submitting an incident. I'm concerned that the link may be difficult to find or isn't clearly worded.

All the best,

Marsiela

Windows Live OneCare

Friday, July 20, 2007 4:42 PM
  • How can I find One Care?

MS says it is already installed but I cannot find it.
    Thursday, November 8, 2007 8:32 PM
  •  Ritter197 wrote:
    How can I find One Care?

MS says it is already installed but I cannot find it.

MS?

In XP, Start -- All Programs -- Windows Live OneCare

In Vista, click on the Orb, type "onecare" in the search box and Windows Live OneCare should appear in the Programs section.

You should also have an icon in your system tray - a "1" in a circle, indicating the status. Did you install OneCare? It does not come to you automatically. http://onecare.live.com

-steve

Saturday, November 10, 2007 2:24 AM
  • I notice its not very easy to find the bit where you can add or remove files from the backup list - it would be really helpful if MS gave us that option more obviously - a less knowledgeable user would probably never find it. Some users like myselves don't have unlimited backup space but do have a lot of files so its very important to have that option easy to find.

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:48 PM
  • To Support Team:

I have your subscription to Window Live One installed on both my Home and laptop P/C.

I bought a new laptop and the 1st thing I did was to install WLO on the new laptop.

Within 48 hours I had problems with this unit and returned it for a new one.

My membership allows me to install tour software on up to three PC's.

The laptop I returned was the 3rd PC and now I want to install WLO on the new laptop.

What can be done so I can configure my new laptop with WLO with this being the 4th install??

I have the retuned laptops serial number and model number if you can deactivate the one I returned.

Ken

Wednesday, January 9, 2008 5:24 AM
  • You don't need to deactivate anything. However, you can use the 2.0 "Circle" functionality to remove the PC by making one of your current PCs that are activated with the same LiveID a "hub" PC. All of the PCs on your subscription will appear in your Circle and you can remove the PC that was returned. You do not need to do this, though, as you are well within the terms of the license to install to a new PC after another PC is no longer running OneCare either due to hardware failure or uninstall of OneCare on that PC.

-steve

Thursday, January 10, 2008 4:38 PM