looking for a hobbyist programmer forum RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been programming as a hobby for the last 8 or 10 years.  Is there a forum out there dedicated to the non professionals?
    • Moved by Eason_H Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:05 AM

Answers

• Hi newb1,

even as a hobbyist programmer you can post questions here. If the search-functionality doesn't answer your question, just ask a new one. And maybe you know that saying: "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers". ;-)

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can´t make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

• Marked as answer by newb1 Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Hello,

As Thomas points out, there is no special place for hobbyists - in the programming forums, we are all welcome :)

To discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, post in the Visual C#  language forum.

Otherwise, you can pick a forum from the MSDN forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi newb1,

even as a hobbyist programmer you can post questions here. If the search-functionality doesn't answer your question, just ask a new one. And maybe you know that saying: "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers". ;-)

Thomas Claudius Huber

"If you can´t make your app run faster, make it at least look & feel extremly fast"

twitter: @thomasclaudiush
    homepage: www.thomasclaudiushuber.com
    author of: ultimate Windows Store Apps handbook | ultimate WPF handbook | ultimate Silverlight handbook

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Hi newb1,

This forum is to discuss problems of C# development. Your question is not related to the topic of this forum.

If you have any question about C# development, please post here, we will help you.

Thanks for your understanding.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Hello,

As Thomas points out, there is no special place for hobbyists - in the programming forums, we are all welcome :)

To discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools, post in the Visual C#  language forum.

Otherwise, you can pick a forum from the MSDN forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:03 PM
  • Thanks for clearing this up.  I wasn't sure because of some of the responses I got a few years ago when I used to post questions.    
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:26 AM