Database error messages RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed, uninstalled and re-installed SA 2009 now 4 times on my computer (which is also brand new - Dell XPS Dimension 430 with Vista 32 Bit) anyway, the program runs fine now - however my problem is with my backups. After running a backup - it shows "backup complete" and verifies the database but when I tried to  open the program on the backup disk I get this message - Cannot open... a required data field is missing... - one other time I also got this message - cannot open database because database engine reported an error - error #87...
    Can anyone help me fix these issues so I can run a proper backup and also use the disk??!!!
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you're saying you have a problem with something called "SA 2009" (Symantec Antivirus?) which isn't part of Windows Home Server. If so, you should ask the software vendor that created the problem you're having trouble with. If you're having a problem with Windows Home Server, then could you explain exactly what you're trying to achieve, and exactly where the issue is occurring? Go step by step if possible, so we can understand the problem...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 5:45 PM