none
SSPI failed error when Im trying to assign node. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody. I'm newbie in HPC and got some problems during creating claster. I created head node on serv with win2012R2 (domain zone was created, but DHCP or RAS wasn't configured). Next I created test compute node with win2012R2. And when I tried to assign it - I got errors:

Time    Message

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Assigning template Default ComputeNode Template to node COMPUTE

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Moving node IDSAO\COMPUTE from state Unknown to state Provisioning

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Associating template Default ComputeNode Template with node IDSAO\COMPUTE

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Checking the configuration of node IDSAO\COMPUTE

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Could not contact node 'COMPUTE' to perform change. Authentication failed. A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.

12/14/2017 8:34:34 AM         Could not contact node 'COMPUTE' to perform change. The management service was unable to connect to the node using any of the IP addresses resolved for the node.

Nextday I tried again and node assigned ok.

But when I tried to assign another node (workstion with win7), I got the same problem, and after the weekend the node still not assigned

Time    Message

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Failed to execute the change on the target node

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Could not contact node 'WORKSTATION' to perform change. The management service was unable to connect to the node using any of the IP addresses resolved for the node.

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Could not contact node 'WORKSTATION' to perform change. Authentication failed. A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception.

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Checking the configuration of node IDSAO\WORKSTATION

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Associating template Default Workstation and Unmanaged Server Node Template with node IDSAO\WORKSTATION

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Moving node IDSAO\WORKSTATION from state Unknown to state Provisioning

12/18/2017 8:19:36 AM         Assigning template Default Workstation and Unmanaged Server Node Template to node WORKSTATION

What the problem is it? And how can I solve it?

In node log

Failed to initialize collector. Retrying in 60 seconds. System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: An error occurred while processing the request on the server: Server encountered an internal error. To get more info turn on customErrors in the server's config file.

Server stack trace: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadToEndOfHeaders(BaseTransportHeaders headers)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Monitoring.IHpcMonitoringStore.GetMetrics(Nullable`1 target)
       at Microsoft.Hpc.Monitoring.MetricCollector.Initialize()

• Edited by AnreyAli Monday, December 18, 2017 2:31 PM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 7:06 AM

Answers

• I solved this issue. Problem was related to the fact that the time on compute nodes and head node weren't synchronized. (Compute nodes were installed like VMs on pc, which wasn't been in domain zone).

• Marked as answer by AnreyAli Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:50 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:50 AM

All replies

• Can your head node and "WORKSTATION" ping each other?  it may be a DNS resolution issue. 

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 5:35 AM
  • I solved this issue. Problem was related to the fact that the time on compute nodes and head node weren't synchronized. (Compute nodes were installed like VMs on pc, which wasn't been in domain zone).

• Marked as answer by AnreyAli Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:50 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:50 AM