Certificate problem after WHS 2011 move to new hardware RRS feed

• Question

• The whole story: I installed a WHS 2011 server about a month ago in a Hyper-V environment. I bought a domain name and certificate from GoDaddy. Everything works fine. For security reasons I wanted to move this environment to dedicated hardware in a DMZ. So I bought some hardware and installed the WHS 2011 there again with the same machine name. After that I followed the GoDaddy instructions of moving the certificate to a new machine (creating CSR on the new machine, re-key with GoDaddy, ...). So I have a new machine, I have a new created GoDaddy certificate on this machine... but the new server ignores the new certificate.

I even found in my WHS messages the message that a certifcate for the remote access is missing. What is nonsense because a certificate is there. But I don't get the WHS to use it. Pressing the "Repair" button don't solve the problem.

Has somebody an idea?

Saturday, July 2, 2011 2:38 PM

Answers

• Case closed. I found the problem: it was sitting in front of the computer. After I installed the certificate in the IIS I forgot to bind port 443 in the both WHS projects to the new GoDaddy-certificate. That's it. *Shame on me, shame on me* 

• Marked as answer by Monolith2063 Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:13 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:13 PM
  • It's even just one binding, only the "Default Web Site" uses port 443, the Mac Web Service has no 443.
    • Marked as answer by Monolith2063 Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:16 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:16 PM

All replies

• Case closed. I found the problem: it was sitting in front of the computer. After I installed the certificate in the IIS I forgot to bind port 443 in the both WHS projects to the new GoDaddy-certificate. That's it. *Shame on me, shame on me* 

• Marked as answer by Monolith2063 Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:13 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:13 PM
  • It's even just one binding, only the "Default Web Site" uses port 443, the Mac Web Service has no 443.
    • Marked as answer by Monolith2063 Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:16 PM
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 7:16 PM