CRM customise 'left hand' menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add a menu item to the menu down the left hand side of a form.

Basically, I have a Company form that has the usual things like Information, Activities, History, Contacts, Workflows etc down the left hand side of the form. I want to add in an item in this menu but I can't find any articles on how to do it. I want to add 'Logins' item much like the Contacts item where you can add multiple contacts. Is there any way to do this in CRM?

Friday, May 20, 2011 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Budha25,

First at all there are 2 kinds of items (that you can add) in the NavBar of any entity: Related Entities and Custom Items.

The first kind of items is created when you create a new relationship (1:N or N:1) between 2 entites. You have an option the indicates if yoa want to see the associate view: http://www.dynamicscrmtrickbag.com/2008/09/01/entity-relationships-in-dynamics-crm-4/

The other one is created when you modify the ISV.Config file and add a NavBarItem similar like this:
    <Entity name="contact">
              <NavBar ValidForCreate="1" ValidForUpdate="1">
                <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_1026.gif" Url="SOME_VALID_URL" Id="SOME_ID" PassParams="1" Client="Web">
                  <Titles>
                    <Title LCID="1033" Text="SOME TITLE" />
                  </Titles>
                </NavBarItem>
                <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_16_1026.gif" Url="SOME_VALID_URL" Id="SOME_ID2" PassParams="1" Client="Outlook">
                  <Titles>
                    <Title LCID="1033" Text="SOME TITLE" />
                  </Titles>
                </NavBarItem>
              </NavBar>
            </Entity>

You can do that by using the ISV.Config Manager tool. Remember when you modify the ISV.Config you have to turn on the ISV configuration in CRM in order to view your buttons in the web client and outlook

Julio
    • Proposed as answer by Faisal Fiaz Monday, May 23, 2011 4:13 PM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 3:03 PM