How To increase CRM Button Text RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am creating a Custom Button with some Length Text. But the entire text is not getting visible.

It takes First few text. remaining text gets trimmed. 

Can you provide some suggestion how to achieve entire text to be displayed. 

Also i need to display around 8 Ribbon buttons in a  particular crm form. 

once when i add more than 5 button , remaining buttons are not getting visible on the normal form.  

Once when the button count gets increased i could able to sea three dots  (...) , bellow which remaining buttons are visible.

is it possible to increase the number of buttons to be displayed in the normal page , instead of clicking three dots and ten expanding the remaining Button . ?  

Thanks ..
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 7:55 AM

All replies

• Any Solution ...

Thanks

Friday, June 19, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Any Update ... ????
    Friday, June 26, 2015 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

You can increase label width, so that you text will be visible, double click on your field and increase it (you can refer:http://blog.xrm.com/index.php/2015/02/how-to-format-field-labels/)

No, this is by design, CRM won't show you more then 5 buttons, you can't change it.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training |Our Blog | Follow US | Our Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:03 AM
  • Hi HIMBAP ,

Thanks for the reply. Currently i am looking for CRM Ribbon Button label Text.

I am facing the same issue in CRM Ribbon Button Text. Can you please guide me . How to resolve.   

Sample Link which i tried but not able to achieve the solution.

http://thinketg.com/adding-line-breaks-to-crm-button-label-text-using-ribbon-workbench/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13625814/line-break-in-tooltiptitle-and-tooltipdescription-of-ribbon

Thanks in Advance. 

Monday, June 29, 2015 7:42 PM
  • Hi HIMBAP ,

I have attached the screens short for your reference .

In crm we have Re calculate Opportunity Button, Where the Button Label gets displayed till " RECALCULATE OPPORTUN.."

Similarly we are having few button with length text, CRM supports few character and remaining character gets cropped. 

I have tried with line break method. but still i am facing the same issue.

Is there any alternate method to achieve this ?? 

Either Using JS on load DOM Manipulation ??? 

Monday, June 29, 2015 9:56 PM
  • Any update .. ?

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Can any body Suggest me on this How to achieve  ??

• Edited by kMAT1 Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:21 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:20 PM
  • I'm sorry but this is not something you can do in a supported way, and I would NOT try DOM manipulation for many reasons. You need to find a way to abbreviate that text or have the users focus on the icons as a training issue.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

Thursday, July 2, 2015 12:07 AM
  • You are addressing two issues here.  The first, is in regards to the max-length on your button.  The second is the total number of buttons.  Both have to be addressed separately. 

I haven't moved over to 2015 and I am using on-premise. So what I am suggesting below may not apply if things have changed in 2015 to cause your issues. However, I suspect that what your really want to do, you cannot do.  I think you are focused on a horizontal design for your ribbon and you are just running out of room.  However, if you adjust your design to more of a vertical style, you can probably achieve what you want.  Of course, you lose more screen real-estate.  So you have to decide which approach is best for your needs.

In regards to the first, your max-length on the button. I don't think it is supported in regards to how you are approaching this.  It seems that you want a smaller 16x16 button in a single row of buttons, but when doing so you run into an issue with a maximum length of around 20 to 25 because as you increases the text, the button only increases in the horizontal.  However, have you tried other approaches to formatting the buttons? I am wondering if you have approach this using different types of buttons, groups, etc. For example, have you considered using just a standard button, as the way you are approach the buttons there is a max length. But the other buttons such as the standard button where the text is displayed at the bottom of the button, those do not have the same limitations and as you type the text it will continue to wrap for some time.  of course, those buttons take up more vertical screen real-estate.  If you cannot resolve this issue, I'd suggest considering maybe a different approach to the button design, as the other approach seem to take more advantage of the vertical versus your approach that only takes advantage of the horizontal.

In regards to multiple buttons running off the screen, have you considered using a split-button or a fly-out button, which would create a drop-down menu like list of buttons to pick from.  Of course you last option might be to remove or hide buttons that are not needed, then only show the ones that are needed, and that might recover some space on your ribbon. You could also take those less-used buttons and put them in a fly-out and recover additional screen real-estate.

Jon Gregory Rothlander

Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:24 PM