HD VIEW plugin working for MS PowerPoint 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to get this plugin to work with PowerPoint 2010. 2003 & 2007 is fine.

Unfortunately everyone i want to show HD VIEW in MS Powerpoint has 2010.

I tryed lowering all security settings with no luck. Perhaps if someone knows where the HD View plugin directory it installs to, i could add as a trusted location.

Anyone reading this been able to get it working?

thanks

Tony

Saturday, September 10, 2011 6:32 AM

Answers

• Ok no problem. Matt, thanks for the information.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:57 PM

All replies

• Found the location of the HD View plugin and added to trusted locations. still doesn't work.

Inserted object and HD View is there but it gives the message "the server application or source file cannot be found or unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application"

Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:20 AM
  • Two ideas. 

1) are you using the 64bit version of PowerPoint 2010?  HDView only works with 32bit PPT.  You can tell by selecting the File Tab and clicking Help.  The version of PPT you are using will be in the right pane of information.

2) Sometimes PowerPoint caches information about ActiveX control that causes it to not be able to load updated versions of the control.  We haven't updated HDView in a while, so I don't think that this is the case.  But, if you navigate in Explorer to %temp%\PPT11.0.  If you see a file there named HDViewLib.exd, then delete it, and try embedding again.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Two ideas. 

1) are you using the 64bit version of PowerPoint 2010?  HDView only works with 32bit PPT.  You can tell by selecting the File Tab and clicking Help.  The version of PPT you are using will be in the right pane of information.

2) Sometimes PowerPoint caches information about ActiveX control that causes it to not be able to load updated versions of the control.  We haven't updated HDView in a while, so I don't think that this is the case.  But, if you navigate in Explorer to %temp%\PPT11.0, and you see a file there named HDViewLib.exd, then delete it, and try embedding again.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Yes its 64bit Powerpoint :(

Do you think there's any way to get it working with 64bit Powerpoint?

Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:58 PM
  • Unfortunately no.  We would need to release a 64bit version of HDView.  Flash and Silverlight just recently started supporting 64bit browsers, so maybe there will be more of a demand for this soon, but for now we don't have plans to release an update of HDView. Sorry that I couldn't give you better news.
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Ok no problem. Matt, thanks for the information.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:57 PM