none
Can FaceSDK be used for Windows Phone 8 Apps ?

Question

• The License agreement say it can be used in Window Phone 7 apps, But to be sure can it also be used in Windows Phone 8 apps ?
    Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:13 AM

All replies

• A: No.

Users can develop Windows Phone applications based on Face SDK on Windows 7. But the derived applications and the Face SDK binaries can only be used on Windows Phone 7. It's declared in the license agreement.

We don't have plan to release a Windows 8 version yet. Please stay tuned for future updates.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:02 AM
  • The question though is not "Windows 8" but "Windows Phone 8". It doesn't really make sense that we are allowed to write a WP7 App which runs on WP8 as well (it's the same store) but are not allowed to write an App targeting WP8 only. Perhaps you should think about changing the license to allow for "Windows Phone Apps using Windows Phone Store distribution" instead of WP7 only.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:43 AM
  • Bump.  

Nginx, could please give us a definitive answer on this question?  

1) Does the license prohibit using the FaceSDK on Windows Phone 8 apps? (I am not asking about Windows 8 or Windows 8 Store apps, but Windows 8 phone apps specifically).

2) If it is not prohibited, will the current code work on Windows Phone 8 devices?

3) Will the current code integrate and compile with a Windows Phone 8 project in Visual Studio?

Thanks.

-- roschler

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:11 AM
  • I agree Oliver.

-- roschler

Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:11 AM
  • Hi Tiffany,

Could you please update your answer regarding to this question(Windows Phone 8 , not Windows 8)?

You and your team have done the magical work, why not make your answer respond to the question correctly(it's definitely easier)?

We all look forward to your update about this post.

Best regards,

Winston

Today is tomorrow, you worry about yesterday.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:19 AM
  • I read an article on this very subject the other day.  It talked about how Microsoft has these wonderful research teams & technologies but they never seem to leverage them.  Maybe under Satya's guidance they will.  Fingers crossed.

-- roschler

Thursday, February 27, 2014 8:20 AM