Problem Installing CRM Server 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I'm facing a problem while installing CRM Server 4.0, the below highlighted message is the error message I'm getting during installation, it's hard to predict where the problem lies, can anyone help me out...

"Action Microsoft.CRM.Setup.server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction Failed.
    Unable to obtain the DNS host name of the active directory domain controller with ntdsa object name "CN=NTDS Settings,CN="ServerName", CN=Servers, CN=Defaiult-first-site........"

Thanks in Advance...

Regards,
    Edwin
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:45 AM

All replies

•  

It seems there is a problem with your DNS/Active Directory Infrastructure. Things to check include:

1) Is the server that you are installing CRM 4.0 a member of a domain?

2) Do you have TCP/IP configured so that the DNS server IP Address points to a DNS server on your network that hosts your internal domain name?

3) Are there any issues with your Active Directory infrastructure? 

4) Is the SQL Server that you are using a member of a domain? I believe that it has to be in the same domain as the CRM Server.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:13 PM
  • Its a clear cut issue with DNS Server name.Try to ping the DNS Name and check it.

Meanwhile check to see any prob with ur AD Server too.

Thanks

Arif

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Hello Edwin,

Before installing CRM you should verify all the DNS address. Check if CRM Server hostname is resolving correctly.

Ex: ping -a IP CRM Server;  ping hostname CRM Server

Make sure that your CRM Server has a Fixed IP.

Install CRM using the most recently update package with config.xml + .msp file.

Did you have any DC demoted from you domain? It could be a reason.

Regards,

Eduardo.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:14 PM
  • CRM Server is an additional domain controller. SQL Server is also installed on the CRM Server. The DNS nslookup is also working fine.

Note that the primary Domain server has ISA server installed as a firewall software. Is there any setting we need to do there?
    Friday, December 19, 2008 5:12 AM