Question on adding a second computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am a OneCare subscriber. I would like to know if WLOC will allow me to install it in my Mom's computer or does it only work within the network? Please advise. Thanks.
    Friday, November 30, 2007 2:03 AM

Answers

• You can install and activate on your Mom's PC with your LiveID. If you make your PC (running OneCare 2.0) a Hub, you can also monitor the status of OneCare on her PC, but because it is not on the same network as yours, there will be a delay of an hour or more in some cases for the health check status.

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:20 AM

All replies

• You can install and activate on your Mom's PC with your LiveID. If you make your PC (running OneCare 2.0) a Hub, you can also monitor the status of OneCare on her PC, but because it is not on the same network as yours, there will be a delay of an hour or more in some cases for the health check status.

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:20 AM
  • Mr. Boots, thank you for the reply. I will install the software in her computer tomorrow. The software I am using right now is version 1.6 not 2.0.
    Friday, November 30, 2007 2:33 AM
  • You're very welcome. You'll be seeing 2.0 on your mother's PC first, then. Later, when yours updates to 2.0, you can consider using the Circle functionality.

-steve

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:01 PM
  • Mr. Boots, good evening. Please advise me on this since my mother's computer is new and has no software protection yet. If I connect her computer to the internet to download WLOC from Microsoft website, how vulnerable will it be to get infected?
    Sunday, December 2, 2007 1:53 AM
  • As long as you have the Windows Firewall enabled, you Mom's PC is protected - just avoid surfing to web sites or opening any email attachments until after you have installed OneCare.

-steve

Sunday, December 2, 2007 10:49 PM
  • Thank you for taking your time to answer my concern kindly Sir, I downloaded WLOC to my Mom's computer yesterday and installed it without any problem. Now I will wait for mine to get upgrade to 2.0. Do you know when it will be avail?
    Monday, December 3, 2007 1:44 PM
  • The upgrade to 2.0 started rolling out about 2 weeks ago. I don't know how far they are in releasing it to everyone, bit you should get it soon.

-steve

Monday, December 3, 2007 4:33 PM