CRM 3.0 - post deployment (redirect crm data) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hey guys,

this is post deployment question (let me know if you have any advice)

basically this CRM thing is going really well here since I deployed it. Problem is (I am forecasting here for future) I will eventually run out of drive space. Yeah I know I know...I put it all on the C. We are a small company, but I can see this becoming a prob in the future.

Any suggestions.

I'm about to get a 300gb scsi for the server and add that puppy in there. Anyone every had to expand their volume yet for this puppy?

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:49 PM

Answers

• All the ongoing disk space requirements are for the SQL Database orgname_MSCRM. You can either move the database files, or add additional data files to the database.

To move the database use SQL Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000) or SQL Management Studio (SQL 2005), detach the database (you can only do this when it's not in use), move the file to a different location, then attach the database files.

These are entirely SQL operations, and independent of the fact that the database is for MS CRM

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:45 AM

All replies

• All the ongoing disk space requirements are for the SQL Database orgname_MSCRM. You can either move the database files, or add additional data files to the database.

To move the database use SQL Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000) or SQL Management Studio (SQL 2005), detach the database (you can only do this when it's not in use), move the file to a different location, then attach the database files.

These are entirely SQL operations, and independent of the fact that the database is for MS CRM

Friday, July 18, 2008 8:45 AM
  •  DavidJennaway wrote:

All the ongoing disk space requirements are for the SQL Database orgname_MSCRM. You can either move the database files, or add additional data files to the database.

I appreciate the response DavidJennaway.....

great...I'll try this out and let you know what went down.

....feel free to share any other information pertaining.

Monday, July 21, 2008 2:54 PM