HOW TO CHANGE THE LOGIN NAME FOR THE WHS CONSOLE RRS feed

• Question

• I have two PC's connecting to my WHS.  For some reason, one of them wants to connect via the console as administrator.  How do I change the Console User to be one of the regular WHS users?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 5:24 AM

Answers

• ianv2 said:

I have two PC's connecting to my WHS.  For some reason, one of them wants to connect via the console as administrator.  How do I change the Console User to be one of the regular WHS users?

the console of Windows Home Server is an Administrator only tool (Console password = Administrator password), so the behavior is by design.
    If you want other users to be able using parts of the console as well, you might register at Connect and submit a suggestion or vote for one already existing.
    Or did you mean anything else? If yes, please explain more in detail, what you mean (access to shared folders, Remote Desktop or whatever).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:21 AM

All replies

• ianv2 said:

I have two PC's connecting to my WHS.  For some reason, one of them wants to connect via the console as administrator.  How do I change the Console User to be one of the regular WHS users?

the console of Windows Home Server is an Administrator only tool (Console password = Administrator password), so the behavior is by design.
    If you want other users to be able using parts of the console as well, you might register at Connect and submit a suggestion or vote for one already existing.
    Or did you mean anything else? If yes, please explain more in detail, what you mean (access to shared folders, Remote Desktop or whatever).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:21 AM
  • Thank you for that.  What puzzles me is that on one of the PC's I am required to enter my WHS user password when I want to connect via the console while on the other PC the administrator password is required.  (I am a member of the WHS administrators group).  That is why I thought it must be possible to change the console user.  I have no idea how this came about it has been like that since I first set up the WHS server.

Friday, March 27, 2009 1:14 AM