Can't Connect to my WHS remotely RRS feed

• Question

• I used to be able to get in to my server remotly. Have changed routers, new routers won't configure via WHS. So I have port forwarding settup and a static IP. Router is a Linksys WRVS4400N with updated firmware. I followed specific instructions from a source with screen shots and the works on how to setup this router with my WHS but to no avail. The WHS goes online no problem every other computer sees the WHS with no problem all are backing up perfectly even had to restore my daughters. I just cant connect to it remotely any more. I cut and pasted my IPConfig, any help or pointer would greatly be appreciated. I have read so much and it all has come to a ball in my brain,lol. Some thing some where I've over looked. This is the setup guide for my router that I used. http://www.homeserverland.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRVS4400N_Router_for_Windows_Home_Server_Remote_Access Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790] (C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : phoenix Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Network Co nnection #2 Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-33-12-63 Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Network Co nnection Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-07-E9-33-12-62 DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.200 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• By remotely, I assume you mean from the Internet? Try ShieldsUp at www.grc.com to confirm that as a minimum, Port 443 is actually open (Port 80 is optional).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:24 PM
  • You can normally use a Remote Desktop Connection the WHS machine. I guess you mean this? Press the buttons Windows sign+R on your keyboard, then type "mstsc" and hit Enter. Then you get the Remote Desktop Connection window, and just type in the (computer)name of your WHS device or the IP. You can normally see all the connected deviced in the browser-app of your router to get the name and/or the IP of that device.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:46 PM