Workflows & Security Roles RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning all

I am having one of those weeks, We have taken over a customer from another CRM Partner and need to implement some workflows that can only be run by certain security roles. However the current setup is not by team and there is only 1 BU - is there an easy way to only show certain workflows for certain security roles?

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:56 AM

All replies

• Hi, Your scope options on a workflow are User| Business Unit  | Parent Child Business unit | and Organization.

So yes, it was a bit of mistake for only one business unit to be created.   Once you get the org better organized I think you can use these four areas a bit better.

It's best to start with the basics anyway.   Remember also that you have a large range of Security options in the Roles and the Teams as to what they can access.

So Data access is also going to effect what is happening in a workflow, especially if the workflow is set too run as an on demand process.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

Check this link for the scope of the workflow.

You have specified an easy way to only show certain workflows for certain security roles -- Are these On Demand Workflows?

If you want to do operation based on the security role, I suggest to have simple custom workflow which checks the security role of user and returns true/false as a output parameter. Then, you can check this flag in the workflow and stop the workflow.

--

Thanks

Gopinath

http://mscrmtechie.blogspot.in/

Saturday, November 14, 2015 2:12 PM