Route the Whole Trip or Just Segments? RRS feed

• Question

• When I plan out my trips, I like to figure out how many miles/hours I can go in a day and that is the end of my day trip ~ say 4-6 hours of driving is average. I usually do this via Google maps.

Just bought MS S&T as I thought it would be helpful in laying out any interesting stop along the way, but I am confused as to how to lay out the route. It offers setting up from what time in the morning to what time in the evening you are willing to drive, but it doesn't let you set up an allowance of drive time, like saying no more that 6 hours a day. Also, it appears as if it adds up the drive time and mileage rather than showing how much you are doing per each day. 

I think I just haven't grasped the concept of how to use this and am fighting it.

a) Does one just layout the whole trip start to finish with "Stops" (POIs) mixed in with where I want to get to at the end of the day and set up a drive time of say 10am - 4pm so that I can limit my drive time to 6 hours? But if I want to add stops along the way, this will exceed the 6 hour drive time limit.

b) Or is it better to save routes on a daily basis, so I am saving them in segments?

Does this make sense?

Samantha

Monday, June 16, 2014 5:01 AM