Weird Issue When Formatting Blog Post With Alphabet "Bullets"

• I'm just now getting back to using Windows Live Writer and I noticed something strange that I had not encountered before.

The issue comes up when I'm typing a blog post to upload to my 'spaces' blog and I use the following format:

A. <text here>
    B. <text here>
    C. <text here>
    D. <text here>

What happens is that WLW is seeing the "B." as being misspelled, so it shows that little wavy red line underneath the B and the <dot>

Matter of fact, if I use all 26 letters in the alphabet, it shows quite a few 'misspelled', my question is:

Why is this happening, can it be fixed and what's causing it?

Sure, the wavy red line doesn't show up when the post is actually 'published' to the blog in question, but it does get a little irritating after typing up a long blog post and knowing that other MS products, like "word" don't have this problem associated with them.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help with this little dilemma of mine!

Sunday, June 06, 2010 9:39 AM

All replies

• Well, you've a few options...

1. Turn off spell check real-time [under tools » options » spelling]

2. Add all the letters of the alphabet to the dictionary. [I'd probably do this]

3. As your editing, you can right-click and 'ignore' those items.

Sounds like you like to be specific about how you compose and review your information and it's noteworthy to clarify that this is the first version of Windows Live Writer and there hasn't been an update to this program in almost two years.

The new version is expected to be release sometime soon [I think the Fall]; we can only hope they've made some improvements to the program that might address this.

I hope this helps...

Until next time,

If you this answers your question, please 'propose as answer' for other users.

Sunday, June 06, 2010 2:23 PM
  • lehenryjr

Thanks for the response! I went ahead and followed your instructions and after everything was 'checked off' and things "added to the dictionary", everything appears fine!

Wasn't aware that WLW wasn't a software app that hadn't been updated in sometime, so thanks for the heads-up there!

So, for anyone else having/encountering this same issue, follow the steps outlined above by "lehenryjr " and you'll be good to go!

• Proposed as answer by lehenryjr Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:22 PM
    Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:45 AM