Accessing Dynamics CRM Contacts in SharePoint online RRS feed

• Question

• I’m already using SharePoint 365 and MS Dynamics CRM online. I've already shared Dynamics CRM folders with SharePoint but would like to integrate the two systems further by being able to Access, edit and create Dynamics CRM Contacts with in SharePoint online... is this possible and if so how?

Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:16 PM

All replies

• you'd have to do some development to build the interface to actually to those actions in SharePoint, and then the code on the back-end of the SharePoint page to actually communicate with CRM to retrieve Contacts, and update contacts.

That would be a lot of effort for dubious benefit.  Why are you trying to do CRM activities in SharePoint?  Why not just have a link (or even an IFRAME) in SharePoint that takes the user to CRM to work on contacts?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:48 PM
  • If you are willing to do some coding as Wayne suggested, this blog post might help: Connecting SharePoint Online and CRM Online using BCS - 2013 Edition

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:41 PM