How to force a ReSync? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm syncing a PostGreSQL-DB (custom DBSyncProvider) with a lokal MS SQL CE 3.5 DB where not the whole Server-DB is synced, but only the DB content related to the current user on the client side.
    Now I have the problem, that the user on the client side can change, but the content related to the new user isn't synced because it is older than the last sync with the old user and so my client-application crashes.
    How can I force the Sync-Framework to resync the whole DB to get the stuff related to the new user and not only to sync "newer stuff"?

regards
    CFI
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 1:34 AM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Technical Discussion [ReadOnly])
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hi CFI-

Which provider objects are you utilizing in this scenario?  DbServerSyncProvider and SqlCeClientSyncProvider? 
    Typically the way to handle this scenario is to simply create a new CE database based on the new filter value.  Have you tried this and would this fit your scenario?

Thanks-
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi CFI-

Which provider objects are you utilizing in this scenario?  DbServerSyncProvider and SqlCeClientSyncProvider? 
    Typically the way to handle this scenario is to simply create a new CE database based on the new filter value.  Have you tried this and would this fit your scenario?

Thanks-
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:45 PM
  • That is exactly what we have done, so there is no nicer way at all?
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:43 PM
  • Take a look at this thread, this might help:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/uklaunch2007ado.net/thread/aa970a14-b68e-4d4a-877d-ae5288ca0aa8
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:18 PM