none
Exams order for MCSD Web Applications certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody.

I'm about to start taking preparatory courses for the MCSD Web Applications exams, but I'm wondering in which order I should take them.

Are any of these exams related? I mean, could one exam indirectly help in another?

I already have a solid base on C#, but little experience with MVC and Web Services and almost none with HTML5/CSS3.

So, what your thoughts  on this?

Should I start with the Web Services' exam (the one I am more comfortable with) and end with the HTML5/CSS3 one? Or make it the other way around?

Thanks in advance for the comments!

Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:34 PM

Answers

• I personally went for 70-480(Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3)  and then took 486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications) and 487(Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services).

There isn't a real order to take the exams though, because they all focus on a different aspect of developing web applications.

I do think that doing HTML 5 javascript + css is probably the easiest to start with. I can recommend the MVA site and/or pluralsight to help you with your studying for all the exams. 

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:23 AM
  • I have one thing to add to the previous answer: Originally, if you wanted to obtain the MCSD: Web applications certification, you necessarily had to take 480 + 486 + 487. But now you have the option of taking 70-483 instead of 70-480 (see "additional options" at https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx). Since you mentioned that you have a solid base on C# but almost none with HTML5/CSS3, I believe that this may be a more adequate route for you.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 3:55 PM

All replies

• I personally went for 70-480(Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3)  and then took 486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications) and 487(Developing Microsoft Azure and Web Services).

There isn't a real order to take the exams though, because they all focus on a different aspect of developing web applications.

I do think that doing HTML 5 javascript + css is probably the easiest to start with. I can recommend the MVA site and/or pluralsight to help you with your studying for all the exams. 

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:23 AM
  • I have one thing to add to the previous answer: Originally, if you wanted to obtain the MCSD: Web applications certification, you necessarily had to take 480 + 486 + 487. But now you have the option of taking 70-483 instead of 70-480 (see "additional options" at https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx). Since you mentioned that you have a solid base on C# but almost none with HTML5/CSS3, I believe that this may be a more adequate route for you.
    Friday, March 27, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Thanks you for the input.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:59 AM
  • Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. Can't assure I'm going that way because I'll take the HTML5/CSS3 course anyway. Besides, I'm looking forward to finally get started with those.
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 2:01 AM