none
Windows 10 menu the first windows icon with four (4) window panels does not respond to the "click" but responds to "right click"

Question

• INTRODUCTION

1.  I am using Windows 10 operating system.  

LOCALITY OF THE PROBLEM

2. The Windows 10 Desktop menu at the bottom of the screen has a windows icon, (with 4 (four)window panes) as the fist item on the menu list.  When this icon is clicked it shows apps selection sub-menu as one of the options.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

3. The fist menu icon/item, at the bottom of the screen which is used to get to access to apps, and other applications is no longer responding when I click it, but it responds when I right click, with a menu that contains "Programs and features, Mobility Center,..., Shutdown or sign out and Desk Top".  I therefore can no longer access the apps.

4. The other problem, which is not related to the first problem above, is:-

4.1 The system tries to update features and fails to update some feature,and returns a message or notification,, "some features failed to load"

Could somebody please help

Daniel Ncwane

South Africa

cell number 0781363571

Upgrade-Software
    ProblemDescription 1. The system tries to update features and fails to update some feature, and return the message or notification that "some features failed to load" 2. The windows icon, (with 4 (four)window panes) at the bottom of the left and which is used to get to access to apps, etc., is no longer responding when I click it, but it responds when I right click, with a menu with "Programs and features, Mobility Center,..., Shutdown or sign out and Desk Top". I cannot access appss!
    ErrorMessage "some features failed to load"
    Upgrade-Software
    ProblemDescription 1. The system tries to update features and fails to update some feature, and return the message or notification that "some features failed to load" 2. The windows icon, (with 4 (four)window panes) at the bottom of the left and which is used to get to access to apps, etc., is no longer responding when I click it, but it responds when I right click, with a menu with "Programs and features, Mobility Center,..., Shutdown or sign out and Desk Top". I cannot access appss!
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    Upgrade-Software
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, October 24, 2016 4:15 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, October 24, 2016 4:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, October 24, 2016 4:13 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

Monday, October 24, 2016 4:15 PM