Slipstreaming RRS feed

• Question

• Will there be slipstreaming support for WHS? For things such as future updates and slipstreaming hardware drivers into the main install DVD in the same way as you can do for XP and Vista?

If not, then it's a suggestion
    Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:23 PM

Answers

• i have asked this  question . and this is what the answer is.

At the moment lots of people are having problems with installing home server on the system due to corrupted disc image downloads, failed crc checks on discs  as well usage of poor media to burn the data. that is why you need a monitor to see what is going on with the installation. future releases and the final product will allow installation without any help from the user. at the end of the installation you will be able to remotely connect to the system and then procedure to configuring minor details such as entering product key and activating the system. so there will be no need to slipstream since slipstreaming is essentially the same thing . remember the whole point of the home server is too allow little interaction with the user on the actuall system it's self..

hope this answers your questions.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:47 PM

All replies

• as far as i am aware there is no slipstreaming. 2 reasons.

1) prevents alot of all the issues with official products and makes licensing a little easier on microosft side

2) by defualt the first time you install the client side software on your machine a full backup will be made to the server. after this is done there is a cd which you can use to connect to the home server and restore your pc to the most recent backup on the server or you can specify which backup you want.

i hope this answers your question

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:19 AM
  • I believe the OP is talking about slipstreaming on the WHS. Since the server is essentially Windows Server 2003 you may be able to, but let's see if we can get a response from the team on that one. If it is a suggestion can you file a suggestion report in Connect and then post the link so it can get some feedback from other testers?
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:58 AM
  • as soon as I get my beta invite I'll get that in as a suggestion
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 9:23 AM
  • i have asked this  question . and this is what the answer is.

At the moment lots of people are having problems with installing home server on the system due to corrupted disc image downloads, failed crc checks on discs  as well usage of poor media to burn the data. that is why you need a monitor to see what is going on with the installation. future releases and the final product will allow installation without any help from the user. at the end of the installation you will be able to remotely connect to the system and then procedure to configuring minor details such as entering product key and activating the system. so there will be no need to slipstream since slipstreaming is essentially the same thing . remember the whole point of the home server is too allow little interaction with the user on the actuall system it's self..

hope this answers your questions.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:47 PM