Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

just bought from Ebay a brand new windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. now, i live in Israel and in new york.

now, i need it to my new computer in israel. when i got the disc i saw printed at the bottom of the disc: "Not for use or distribution outside of north america or latin america".

does it mean that is not gonna work on my computer in israel?

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hello,

just bought from Ebay a brand new windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. now, i live in Israel and in new york.

now, i need it to my new computer in israel. when i got the disc i saw printed at the bottom of the disc: "Not for use or distribution outside of north america or latin america".

If you bought it on eBay it probably is a pirated product anyhow and even if it worked now it won't in the future.  Almost all eBay purchases of software are pirated.  Give a link to the seller and we can probably tell you more.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:54 PM
  • http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindows7/thread/12e55dd0-545f-492e-934c-fb73da8eaf02

Please read that thread and submit a report, we can then give you information in regards to your key and install. If it is not installed yet then there is no way for us to verify. If you have not installed it yet, then I suggest you read the listing, if it does not say it is geographicly locked I would suggest you file a claim with paypal for the item not being as described. If it is geographicly locked then I doubt you would be able to activate it. However, I have never heard of W7 being geographicly locked to the US and Latin America.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you bought it on eBay it probably is a pirated product anyhow and even if it worked now it won't in the future.  Almost all eBay purchases of software are pirated.  Give a link to the seller and we can probably tell you more.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:54 PM
  • http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/genuinewindows7/thread/12e55dd0-545f-492e-934c-fb73da8eaf02

Please read that thread and submit a report, we can then give you information in regards to your key and install. If it is not installed yet then there is no way for us to verify. If you have not installed it yet, then I suggest you read the listing, if it does not say it is geographicly locked I would suggest you file a claim with paypal for the item not being as described. If it is geographicly locked then I doubt you would be able to activate it. However, I have never heard of W7 being geographicly locked to the US and Latin America.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:08 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:05 PM