plug-in triggered in opportunity Close As Won button RRS feed

• Question

• hi. i created a plug-in. i want it to be only executed when user clicked Close As Won button.

I can open trigger the plugin using Message Update and filtering attribute = status code to trigger the plug in.

However, it triggered also when user clicked Close As Lost and Reopen opportunity.

i am using pre-operation . when user clicked Close As Won or Close As Lost, the statuscode is not the Won/Lost status (it means that the plugin is triggered before the form status changed. thus i cannot control it in the code.

consequently, how can i trigger a plug-in only when user clicked Close As Won button.

thanks

a

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• The Opportunity entity handles two additional messages, Win and Lose.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by verystupidguy Monday, March 19, 2012 5:01 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2012 3:42 AM
  • hi, thanks for the answer.

i found the messages. and i tested those message can trigger the plug in during Close As Won/ Close As Lost.

however, if i changed the message to Win. the plugin contained error because

IPluginExecutionContext context = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));

(context.InputParameters.Contains("Target") && context.InputParameters["Target"] is Entity) is false <<<

it means i dont know how to get my opportunity id as i just knew i can get the opportunity id by this line

entity = (Entity)context.InputParameters["Target"]; (it caused error as context doesn't contain inputparameters["target"])

can you tell me how i can get the opportuniy id ( or other values if possible, although i can receive them after i got the opportunity id) or any articles talks about this?

thanks

a

Monday, March 19, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Yes, the Target InputParameter is valid for Update and Create messages, but not for Win.

Instead, try:

Entity opportunityClose = (Entity)context.InputParameters["OpportunityClose"];

OptionSetValue status = (OptionSetValue)context.InputParameters["Status"];

This is documented in the CRM SDK:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.crm.sdk.messages.winopportunityrequest_members.aspx

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

Monday, March 19, 2012 4:07 AM
  • thanks . it worked :)

a

Monday, March 19, 2012 5:01 AM