How to make my website listed in live search result? RRS feed

• Question

• My website www.paintingall.com has over 10,000 pages listed in google, but only one page listed in live search results. I have submit sitemap files to the webmaste tools, but it seems not working at all, can anybody help to find out what's the problem? thanks.
    Monday, March 10, 2008 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you experiencing better results or the same?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:07 PM

All replies

• Similar here... not as big

Sitemap the works...

Same happened to us... #1 on the relevant searches then we got blown out of the index completely, then we relisted and now have one page indexed and that is so lowly ranked that I cannot find it. From #1 to nowhere in a few weeks and so far I have had no explanation for it. They changed the algorithm some how but what or why? The site is legitimate, relevant to the searches and well formed. www.thejillian.com.au.

I suspect it has got something to do with the search engine not handling redirects very well. Our site is dynamic but presents pages as static html (ie. .html). When you request a page it is redirected to a processing script that finds the relevant content and builds the page and returns it. It works well with all browsers tested and all search engines. Up until these recent changes with Live we have had no indication of trouble so its only a suspicion.

Really if they are tweaking results you would expect maybe a loss of a few spots or a page but this? Someone didn't test this properly, there have been plenty of people sent to purgatory for no apparent reason.

Sunday, March 16, 2008 9:49 PM
  • Hi,

Are you experiencing better results or the same?

Friday, May 30, 2008 9:07 PM