Microsoft is a joke RRS feed

• General discussion

• What I would like to know is why all of a sudden validation is a big thing? I have used windows XP for over 7years and all of a sudden they are saying I may be a victim of software counterfeiting! I am not a business person I am a student! Most people that say buy a used computer usually don't worry about validating they just assume that when buying from a business that everything is legitimate! One usually don't ask "Hey is this software legitimate" Please!  My opinion Window XP is "over priced" and "over rated".  You would think that Bill Gates has enough money without wanting people to buy again! I feel that if Microsoft is so worried about stupid xxxx like software counterfeiting they should send those people a FREE copy of Windows XP.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:39 PM

All replies

• Watch the language please.

We respect the opinions and comments of all users, but there is no need for that type of language. I have "XX"ed out the vulgar language, as many users of all ages use this public forum.

-Phil Liu

Monday, May 15, 2006 3:43 AM
  • I agree with you. I am insulted by the fact that a feature I paid and contracted for (custom control of Automatic Updates) and used for years has now been denied me unless I allow Microsoft to put their spyware on my computer. As if that weren't enough they are disingenous in implying that they are doing us a favor by "ensuring that we have a genuine copy of Windows". Microsoft should at least have the guts to be honest about what their real intent is by simplying stating that they prefer to treat everyone that uses their products as a low life software pirate. Now, nearly everytime I try to run the custom updates I am denied until I install the lastest "Genuine Notification". If I don't install this then I am limited to only being able to install security updates using the Express option.

By the way, I purchased both Windows XP Professional and the full blown Microsoft Office at full price because I decided to build my own computer and so I didn't get a big price break by purchasing the software pre-installed on a "boxed" system. Why? Because I liked their products and had been a loyal Windows user since my first PC (again, home built) running Windows 3.1. I even purchased a boxed PC for my daughters which came with Windows XP Professional and the limited Microsoft Office. I would have reconsidered this last purchase if it hadn't occurred before I "became" a crook. Not even faithfully registering my products at the time of purchase merits any consideration with Microsoft.

In my life I have always made it a policy to treat everyone as honest and beyond reproach until they gave me a reason not to. Microsoft takes the sick approach that all of their customers are thieves and you have no chance of being treated differently since you are constantly being challenged to validate your products.

The majority of the people I know that use XP share my opinion.

But we are wasting our time. Does Microsoft care? No, the Microsoft lackey reading this will just laugh, knowing that like so many others I foolishly helped this company establish a monopoly that doesn't leave me many options to escape.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:31 AM
  • How in the hell does counterfitting apply when you buy the computer with it on!

I'm annoyed that my computer has been hijacked by Microsoft and I can't get rid of icons on the task bar and that for some reason it switches off for the express purpose to restart the comp and see this message again.

I think it is time to go for another operating system I have had Microsoft up to the back teeth now.

How dare Microsoft get onto my computer with such claims as counterfitting, now how do I get this darn thing off?

Does Microsoft wish to reply?

This is really messing up things.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:45 AM
  • Download and run he WGA diagnostic tool and post the results in this thread.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012  

Friday, May 19, 2006 2:01 PM
  • some people are so dumb..
    Sunday, May 21, 2006 1:01 AM