OCS 07 Beta on same server as SharePoint 07 Server???? RRS feed

• Question

• Can OCS 07 Beta work on a server with SharePoint Server Trial 2007 installed and set as the default web site (port 80)?

So far, we have run into problems with the authentication of SP after the OCS installation (OCS changed the SP to kerberos and we had to switch it back) and now the Live Meeting client gives the error - "Content failed to download due to a problem with the Conference Center configuration..".  I am assuming this is because the SP is the default web site and the "default web site" is disabled.

Anyone know any work arounds or how to move the LCS web page from the default web site to the new default "share point" site?

Should we uninstall and put it on a new box that OCS can use the default web site?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 1:51 PM

Answers

• We have sharepoint 2007 and MOCS 2007 on the same server and running fine. The only thing I've done is to modify the default port for the IIS Default web site in order to have the sharepoint web site on the port 80 and mocs on the port "1234".

If you do that you have to change directly in the MOCS database the URL for the AddressBook.

Regards

Sylvain

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:09 AM

All replies

• For anyone with the same issue, fyi, make sure you install OCS 07 on a server with the default web site available.  The address book and conferencing capabilities are all installed under the default web site and if you don't have it running, you are out of luck.  I tried moving them to our new default web site (Sharepoint) but was unsuccessful.

Jeff

Friday, June 8, 2007 7:17 PM
  • We have sharepoint 2007 and MOCS 2007 on the same server and running fine. The only thing I've done is to modify the default port for the IIS Default web site in order to have the sharepoint web site on the port 80 and mocs on the port "1234".

If you do that you have to change directly in the MOCS database the URL for the AddressBook.

Regards

Sylvain

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:09 AM
  • Thanks for the info...

My server was working, somewhat, users could sign in and IM however I could not get the conferencing working.  Looks like all of the conferencing (and address book) html config went under the default IIS site (which we disabled).  I don't recall getting any options to reconfigure the MOCS setup for an alternative port, is this something you did after the setup and if so, how did you change it?

Thanks!

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:41 PM
  • You have to manually modify the port for the default web site in IIS where MOCS has installed the virtual folder for Address Book or White board. Normally the conferencing should work without the web site I think.

My configuration :

- Default IIS web site for MOCS port 1234

- Web site for sharepoint port 80

- shared services ...

If you want to have the address book don't forget to modify the port for the Address Book URL in the SQL Server Database.

Sylvain

Monday, June 25, 2007 11:23 AM